How to setup Face ID on iPhone?
We have been using TouchID to unlock iPhone apart from passcode usage to make the authentication quick and simple. Now it’s time for Face ID, so far we have seen what is Face ID and what are the benefits of it. With the release of iPhone X, the Face ID feature was released to the iPhone users to make their authentication more safe and secure than usual. Now, let’s look into the process of “How to setup Face ID on iPhone?”.
Configure/Enable Face ID on iPhone X
You can configure Face ID on your iPhone X or the latest devices that are having Face ID feature built on it, in simple steps. Follow the below procedure to setup Face ID on iPhone:
- Launch Settings app on iPhone X or any latest devices that are having Face ID feature built on it.
- Now tap on “Face ID & Passcode” option from “Settings” page and choose “Enroll Face” option.
- Tap on the “Get Started” button which will then activate the front camera and also the infrared sensor on iPhone X.
- Now, a dotted circle will appear on the screen with lines to which you need to align your face.
- The camera now starts detecting your face and analyzes it with the sensors built into the phone.
- You need to move your face in a circular motion in front of the camera so that your face gets captured with the sensors and you can also see your face in different angles when you start rotating your face in circular motion.
- Similar to Touch ID recognition, the gray lines around the dotted circle starts turning to green color when your face is captured in different angles.
- Finally, tap on “Done” to save the changes and you can even retry the facial recognition by repeating the same way of rotating your head.
That’s it, you are done with Face ID setup on your iPhone. But, always make sure you never close your eyes and maintain a passcode backup.
How to unlock iPhone screen with Face ID recognition mechanism?
Once you are done with Face ID setup on your iPhone, switch to “Settings” and tap on the “Display & Brightness” option. Now, choose the “Raise” option and lock your iPhone to check how it works and to easily wake the screen. Hold the iPhone with your hands and just look at it for few seconds and swipe up over the screen. That’s it your iPhone is unlocked in few seconds and you can continue your work.
Similarly, you can also make payments with Face ID recognition, if the card details were already added on your device.
How to disable Face ID on iPhone X?
So, far we have seen how to enable Face ID, and now let’s see how to disable the feature. There are many ways how you can disable Face ID on iPhone X.
- Switch to “Settings” and directly disable the option from ‘Face ID & Passcode’ tab
- Press and hold the volume up, volume down and power button all at a time for few seconds, then the feature gets automatically turned off.
- Press the Power button 5 times in a row, to turn the Emergency SOS feature and this automatically disabled Face ID feature on your iPhone X.
- Make five invalid login attempts, to disable the feature automatically.
- Or, simply reboot your device, to turn off the Face ID feature on your iPhone X.
Originally posted 2017-10-08 12:34:26.