Mac OS X Update, Mac OS X Yosemite update and Mac OS X Yosemite Features:
Apple has recently released Mac OS X Yosemite into the market. There are many amazing features in latest Mac OS X operating system. There are so many changes in the latest OS X like translucency in windows and streamlined toolbars. Let’s view the Mac OS X Yosemite features in detail.
- The translucency adds more dimensions to the desktop look and feel.
- The Streamlined tool bars reduce the space and places more features in small space. We have these features for apps like Maps, Safari and Calendar etc.
- The buttons, checkboxes and also the pop-up menus were re-designed to make the Mac experience cleaner and more refined for the user. You can use the red, yellow and green spotlights which are available in the corner of every window for an app to close, minimize and maximize the window.
- Simplified appearance of the Dock and its icons makes the users feel more consistent.
- The fonts have been refined to be more consistent and legible. A new typeface has been introduced in menu bars, application windows and entire system.
- A new Today view in Notification Center has been introduced to provide fast access to the information. You can view the summary of upcoming events, reminders and birthdays etc.
- Using the Spotlight feature you can search for favorite mails, apps etc.
- You can also enjoy the Continuity feature using Mac OS X Yosemite. You can respond to mails, mails and messages directly on your Mac from iPhone/iPad.
Mac OS X Yosemite update:
You must have an Apple account to perform Mac OS X software update to the version Mac OS X Yosemite. You need to register with an Apple ID first and from the Mac App Store using the Apple ID you can upgrade it for free.
Requirements for the Mac OS X update to Mac OS X Yosemite:
If you want see the details of your Mac model, just click on the Apple icon which is located at top left corner of the window screen. Now, click on About This Mac and then choose More Info. The requirements for Mac OS X software update to Mac OS X Yosemite are listed below:
- Models compatible with Mac OS X Yosemite are Mac Book (Late 2008 Aluminum, iMac (Mid 2007 and newer model), early 2009 or any newer model), Mac Pro (Early 2008 and newer model), Mac Mini (Early 2008 and newer model) and Xserve (Early 2009)
- You can only upgrade to the latest Yosemite from the previous OS X versions such as OS X Snow Leopard version v10.6.8, OS X Mountain Lion version v10.8, OS X Lion version v10.7 and OS X Mavericks version v10.9.
- General Requirements of OS X version v10.6.8 or later are 2GB memory and 8GB available storage
- Feature Requirements are Handoff, Instant Hotspot, FaceTime, Time machine, Photo Booth etc…
You can start upgrading or Download Mac OS X Yosemite by clicking on the Download button from the Mac App store. Follow the below installation instructions to perform Mac OS X update:
Procedure for Mac OS X update to Yosemite:
- Back up you data before you start upgrading the OS X. There may be chances of loss of data, so back up all the data before you begin the Mac OS X software upgrade to update to Mac OS X Yosemite version.
- Double click on the Install OS X Yosemite file to begin process of installation. Choose the type of installation from the available options. The options available here are Clean Install and Upgrade Install. The Upgrade Install will completely remove the existing version of OS X and starts a new version. Whereas the Clean Install will completely delete the data on the Mac and will replace a new Mac OS X Yosemite.
- Next step is to check the Mac start up drive for including repair permissions and any other problems.
- When the Installation window of OS X was opened, click on Continue
- Agree the installation Terms and Conditions to precede further installation process.
- Now, click on the Install button from Mac Startup drive and then click on the button Continue.
- Now, you will be asked for Admin password. Enter the required valid admin password and then click on OK button
- The necessary files will be installed to the startup drive in a few minutes and once it is done, you need to restart your Mac.
- After the restart, a gray screen with a progress bar will be displayed on your Mac with an estimated time of progress. Once the progress bar was completed, then you need to restart the Mac machine.
- Now, you will be taken to the login screen window, login to the account to see the latest OS X on your Mac.
Originally posted 2014-12-02 12:36:33.