Apple frequently releases new software with advanced features for its products. And, we usually update software on iPhone or iPad. But, have you ever tried updating software on an Apple TV? Let’s check How to update software on Apple TV.
Upgrading software on an Apple TV is as simple as you upgrade your iPhone or iPad. Follow the below steps to update software on Apple TV.
Update software on Apple TV
- Go to “Settings” on your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (fourth generation) and navigate to “System” settings.
- From the “System” settings, go to “Software Updates”.
- From the “Software Updates” window, you will find two options: “Update Software” and “Automatically On”.
- If you desire to automatically turn on updates whenever there is a new software update, turn on
- “Automatically On” option.
- Or, if you desire to update software based on your input manually each time when there is a new software update, turn off “Automatically On” option and click on “Update Software” option.
- If there is any latest update available you will find “Download and Install” button from the “Software Updates” window.
- Click on “Download and Install” button or choose “Update Later” if you desire to update later.
- Wait until software download is done. Before that make sure your Apple TV is not turned off and there is a proper internet connection before downloading the software and also make sure of these points until the software is completely updated.
- Once the software download is done, your Apple TV gets restarted and prepares TV for the software update.
- You can now install the software by clicking on “Install” button. Once the installation is done your Apple TV gets restarted again.
Finally, you are done with the software update on Apple TV. With the above simple steps, you can update software on Apple TV in very few minutes.