Till now we have done our purchases from App Store through the debit/credit card which we have registered in iTunes. With the new iOS 8, we have the advanced payment app which is in-built. Passbook is the in-built app which exists in the iOS 8 device for those who have upgraded their OS to iOS 8.
Set Up Apple Pay on iPhone/iPad
Using Passbook you can set up the Apple Pay. In order to set up Apple Pay, tap on the Settings icon on your home screen. Navigate to the Settings page, and tap on Passbook & Apple Pay disclosure button (>).
You will be navigate to Passbook & Apple Pay page, it there are no cards added to your Apple Pay, tap on the Add Credit or Debit Card disclosure button (>) to add the cards.
Using Apple Pay on iOS
Navigate to Pay page by tapping on Add Credit or Debit Card disclosure button (>), here you can find the card types that you can use for Apple Pay.
We can see two kinds of card types, i.e., Use Card on File with iTunes (using a card which is registered on iTunes) and Use a Different Credit or Debit Card (using another credit/debit card which is not registered on iTunes of your device). You can also find the information regarding what is Apple Pay at the bottom of the page.
- Tap on Use Card on File with iTunes and navigate to Card Details page.
- Here you need to enter your Card Number and Security Code.
- And then click on Next button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Accept the terms and conditions to verify your card.
- If the verification is done, you will get a Verified status and you will also get a notification from Passbook.
Manage ApplePay Registered Cards
- Tap on Use a Different Credit or Debit Card.
- And navigate to Card Details page, where you need to enter your Name, Card Number, Expiry Date and Security Code.
- After entering the details click on Next button at the top right corner of the screen.
- You need to accept the terms and conditions to verify your card.
- If the verification is done, you will get a Verified status and then you will also get a notification from Passbook.
- Once, you are done with the providing your card details, the next step is to provide the billing details.
- If your card gets added to the Apple Pay, your card name will be shown as your Default Card.
- Now, you should also provide the details such as Billing Address, Email Phone and Shipping Address.
Tap on the Home button to minimize the Settings page if you are done with the process of providing all the details.
- Now, launch the Passbook app on your iPhone 6/ iPhone 6 Plus/ iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3 by tapping on the Passbook icon of your home screen.
- You can see your card details on the top of the Passbook page.
- Using this added card details, you can directly purchase items from Passbook without entering card details each and every time.
- You can save items to your cart and purchase them at a later point of the item.
This helps you much in online shopping.
Originally posted 2014-11-12 09:26:40.