The Google Authenticator is a free security app that protects your personalized account against password theft. With the two-factor authentication (2FA), it provides an authentication service to the applications like Facebook, Gmail, Instagram, Twitter and many more. The Google Authenticator generates a random 6 digit code that helps to verify your identity to while you logging to applications that need to have a secure identity.
It is similar to OTP (One Time Password) service that you get as a text message to your mobile, rather than that the app generates a random 6-digit id that can be used to make a secure login. Let’s have a quick glance of How to download and install Google Authenticator on iPhone? and How to setup Google Authenticator on iPhone?
How to download and install Google Authenticator on iPhone?
To download and install Google Authenticator on iPhone, navigate to “App Store” and click on the search icon. Enter text “Google Authenticator” from the search bar and begin your search.
From the search result, click on “Google Authenticator” app with a circular symbol surrounded by dots with a horizontal line at the middle directed towards the right. Click on the “Install” button and enter your Apple password and begin the installation process. After a few seconds, you can find the app added to the home screen of iPhone.
How to setup Google Authenticator on iPhone?
Once you are done with the download, follow the below steps to set up Google Authenticator on iPhone.
- Set up two-step verification on your google account by logging into your google account. From the Google “Security and Sign-In”, choose the “Two-Step Verification” option and then scroll down to find the “Authenticator” app. Choose the Authenticator app and tap on the “Setup” button.
- Now, from the next screen choose “iPhone”, if you desire to configure the app on iPhone.
- Navigate to Google Authenticator on iPhone, and tap on ‘+’ icon at the top right header.
- You will now find two options “Scan barcode” and “Manual Entry”. Either choose any of these options and can configure the integration of the app with the secure application.
- Let’s try initially with “Scan barcode” option. To do this open 2-step verification from your computer screen and generate a barcode and then tap on “Scan barcode” option from the Authenticator app and scan the barcode.
- The other option is using “Manual Entry”. Tap on the “Manual Entry” option and enter 16-digit key that is generated by Google and sent to your email address.
- Once you are done with the setup of Google Authenticator on iPhone, you can use the 6-digit code generated to make secure login attempts.
This is how you can download and install Google Authenticator on iPhone as well as steps to set up Google Authenticator on iPhone.