Uninstalling an application from Mac
If you are new to Mac OS and not clear on “how to uninstall an application from Mac?”, we had a clear procedure that describes the uninstallation process. You can uninstall an application from Mac machine in two ways. One way is through Applications folder and the other way is through Finder option. Let’s have a quick glance at the options available for uninstallation.
How to uninstall an application on Mac from Applications folder?
To uninstall an application on Mac machine from Applications folder:
- Navigate to Applications folder (use /Applications from finder).
- Search for the app that you need to uninstall.
- From the “/Applications” folder, you can find all the list of applications installed on Mac machine.
- Now, right click on the application and choose “Move To Trash” option.
- The application now gets moved to “Trash” folder and gets removed from “Applications” folder.
And, if you need to delete the application from Trash also, choose “Empty Trash” option and delete the contents from Trash. This is one of the ways that you can choose for uninstalling an application from Mac.
How to uninstall an application on Mac from Launchpad?
To uninstall an application on Mac machine from Launchpad, you can follow direct steps.
- Click on “Launchpad” and open it.
- Now, navigate to the location where you have the application that you desire to uninstall.
- Then, click and hold on the application for few seconds until you find uninstall option.
- From the pop-up generated, click on “Delete” button and confirm the deletion.
Now, your application gets uninstalled from your Mac machine and it will be removed from your applications list. Your application gets moved to “Trash” folder and you can empty trash if you are using old Mac and in case of latest Mac the applications gets automatically removed after few days.
There are two ways that are available to uninstall an application from Mac.