How to Download and Install Boot Camp on Mac,Mac Book Air, Mac Book Pro, PC and access Windows apps on Mac:
What is a Boot Camp?
Boot Camp is a multi boot utility which is included along with OS X of Apples Inc.’s. It assists users in installing Windows XP/Service Pack 1/ Service Pack 2/Vista/7/8/8.1 operating systems of Microsoft on Macintosh computers which are Intel-based. Boot Camp is useful for those people who need multi booting without having non-destructive disk partitioning. . The utilities of Boot Camp Assistant guide users in gaining non-destructive disk portioning of their hard disk and to install Windows device drivers. Windows Control Panel applet for selecting boot operating system can also be installed by this utility.
System Requirements for Boot Camp installation:
To install Boot Camp for Mac, make sure you have the following requirements:
- Mac OS X
It requires Mac OSX v 10.5 Leopard or later versions
- Boot Camp System Requirements
- In order to use Boot Camp Assistant we need an administrator account in OS X
- If you are installing Windows on you Mac for the first time a minimum of 2 GB of RAM and at least 30 GB of free disk space are recommended or if you are upgrading from a previous version of Windows we need 40 GB of free disk space
- An Microsoft Windows full install disc or ISO file which is authentic
- A built-in optical drive, or a compatible external optical drive is required if you are using an install disc
- To install the downloaded drivers we need 8 GB USB storage device, or external drive which formatted as MS-DOS (FAT)
Download and Install Boot Camp on Mac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, PC:
Download Boot Camp:
This download consists of the Windows Support Software (Windows Drivers). You can download Boot Camp on your MAC from the following urls:
Download Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5640 , if you are using one of the following Macs: MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2013), MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013), MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), Mac Pro (Late 2013), iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), iMac (27-inch, Late 2013) and iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013).
Download Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5621, if you are using one of the following Macs: MacBook Air (11-inch & 13-inch, Mid 2011), MacBook Air (11-inch & 13-inch, Mid 2012), MacBook Pro (15-inch & 17-inch, Mid 2010), MacBook Pro (13-inch, & 15-inch, Early 2011), MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2011), MacBook Pro (13-inch,15-inch & 17-inch Late 2011) , MacBook Pro (13-inch & 15-inch, Mid 2012), MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch & 15-inch Early 2013), Mac Pro (Early 2009), Mac Pro (Mid 2010), Mac Pro (Mid 2012), Mac mini (Mid 2011), Mac mini (Late 2012) , iMac (27-inch, Mid 2010), iMac (21.5-inch & 27-inch, Mid 2011), iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2011) and iMac (21.5-inch & 27-inch, Late 2012).
Boot Camp Installation steps:
If you are done with downloading the software, then you will be prompted to create a Windows partition on your hard drive. This action will calculate the free space on your machine and segments the available space. You can set your won desired space for partition.
Each operating system requires its own partition on the disk, so make sure that you have available space on your hard drive. Once you select the partition scheme, click on Partition button, to begin the partition of hard drive. If you are done with the partition, then your drive is ready for installation. Follow the steps to install Windows on your MAC.
- Insert a disc of Microsoft windows in to your Mac optical drive to begin installation.
- Next, click on the Start Installation button, then your machine starts rebooting. If it is done, start installing Windows.
- Follow the wizard to finish the Windows installation process. Choose Custom option, if you are asked to upgrade or customize your installation. From the Where do you want to install Windows? Pop-up choose partition labeled BOOT CAMP. And now, select Drive options and choose Format option. Make sure that you didn’t select any other options. Now the installation process begins on your machine.
Once you have installed Windows, next you need to install the drivers. Install the drivers which are downloaded on your MAC machine and verify whether Sound, Display etc… are working properly. If you are done with the installation of drivers, eject the Windows disc. Now, In the Boot Camp folder; double-click on the setup.exe to install the Windows drivers for your Mac. From there, just follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installations. Do not cancel any of the installations. If you see any warnings about certification or testing at any time, just click on Continue Anyway to Proceed button. Reboot your machine, if you are done with the installation.
How to work with Boot Camp:
If you are done with installing Windows and OS X on your MAC, choose your desired operating system to be launched at start up. Hold on the Option Key for few seconds, immediately when you turn on your machine or when you re-start your machine. You will be prompted through an OS- selection Menu. List of operating systems available on your machine will be displayed. Select your desired operating system that you need to work on. You can choose your operating system by double-clicking on the desired operating system either OS X or Windows. Once you are done with choosing your operating system, the selected operating system gets loaded and it is ready to begin your work.
Originally posted 2014-11-06 06:35:12.