Connect iPad to Apple TV, You can connect any AirPlay Mirroring enabled iOS devices to Apple-TV. The iOS devices iPhone, iPad, iPad mini and iPod Touch can be connected to Apple-TV through AirPlay Mirroring. There are some compatibility problems in connecting. iPhone 4S or later, iPad 2 or later, iPad mini or later and iPod touch of 5th generation can only be connected to Apple-TV.
How to Connect iPad to Apple TV?
To connect iPad to Apple-TV, there are some restrictions that should be followed are “Apple-TV and the iOS device must be on the same network“. If you have connected your iPad to a WiFi network then the Apple-TV also must be connected to the same WiFi network. The Apple-TV must be of 2nd or 3rd generation.
Follow the below steps to connect iPad to Apple TV
If the iOS device is running iOS 7 or later
- Connect Apple TV and iPad to the same WiFi network and make sure that the both devices are on the same network, then only you are able to connect iPad to Apple TV.
- Open Control center in your device by swiping up the screen from the bottom of the device’s screen.
- Now tap on AirPlay, the AirPlay menu shows the available devices on the same network. If the Apple-TV is not on the same network then AirPlay in Control center doesn’t show the Apple TV on the list.
- Now select the Apple-TV that you wish to connect by tapping on the name of the Apple TV.
- Now tap on mirroring to Connect iPad to Apple TV. If everything goes ok your iOS device’s screen mirrored on Apple-TV.
If the iOS device is not running on iOS 7 or later, then follow the below steps
- Connect Apple TV and iPad to the same WiFi network.
- Double click on Home button on your iOS device to see the recently used apps.
- Swipe the recently used apps twice from left to right to find the AirPlay icon. If you are unable to see the AirPlay icon then the Apple-TV and iOS device are not on the same WiFi network.
- Tap on AirPlay icon on your iOS device. Then the AirPlay in Control center shows the list of available devices.
- Tap on the name of the Apple TV that you wish to connect.
- Connect iPad to Apple TV by turning on mirroring button. Your iOS device’s screen mirrored on Apple-TV.
You can also Connect iPad to Apple-TV through component cables also. Buy component cable connectors from Apple store and you can directly use the cable to connect the both devices each other.
After connecting your iOS device to your, Apple-TV using AirPlay Mirroring, you can play music, videos of your iOS device on Apple TV.
Originally posted 2014-06-11 13:12:02.